System Engineer (North Vancouver)
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS JOB POSTING
Technikel Solutions is a rapidly growing Managed Service Provider based on the North Shore. Our mission is to empower local entrepreneurs to achieve greatness. We believe using technology is exciting, fun and creates efficiency for our clients. We are looking to build our staff team with people who are ambitious, who love to learn and who want to be part of a fast paced and growing company.
The System Engineer is an important and central position within our organization. The System Engineer is primarily responsible for delivering on-site project work and will also resolve escalated tickets. If you love a fast-paced job with a variety of tasks, and simultaneous projects on the go, then this job is for you. This position requires some flexibility in work hours for occasional and prescheduled evening and weekend work.
The System Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining our client's networks. We are looking for someone well versed in server software configuration and hardware configuration/set up. You will be expected to influence and shape the professional services team and develop processes to continually improve service delivery. You will document your discoveries and recommend best practices.
Communication and social skills are key as you will be responsible for managing client expectations and providing excellent customer service. We are looking for someone that is confident and comfortable when working with clients. You must be friendly and speak clearly.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- 5+ years of experience in support and management of network infrastructures
- Work experience in a Managed Service Provider setting is highly preferred
- Responds promptly to support requests from clients and internal staff regarding system support, applications support, connectivity issues, software installations, upgrades, etc. and resolves issues to minimize downtime within mission critical systems.
- Perform the administrative activities associated with maintaining Windows 7/8/10 workstations and Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers, and 3rd party software
- Monitoring system and network components, analyzing performance, examine event logs and check system backup logs
- Ability to configure Firewalls and Switches
- Perform Server Software configuration: Group policy, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Server, Virtual machines, Domain name server
- Experience with routers, layer 2 switches, and other networking devices
- Experience managing Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Applications
- Experience with virtual environments
- Hands on knowledge of technologies from: Microsoft technologies, virtualization and cloud, wide area networking, storage, wireless networking and thin clients.
- Ability to work with vendors to support client end users
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Must be available for occasional off hours support and maintenance
- Possession of a valid BC driver's license and able to drive to client locations
- Criminal record check required upon hiring
- Ability to support Meraki
- Certifications: Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, SonicWall, Network Security
- Experience with ConnectWise and Labtech
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSA)
- A+ Certification
- NET+ Certification
- Network+, Cisco Certifications
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
What We Offer
A great team of people to work with in a fun work environment, plus:
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Access to onsite Gym
- Social Activities
- Opportunity for bonuses and cash prizes
60 - 80K Wage + Benefits
Preference given to North Vancouver residents, our office is in North Van and we require an 8:15am start time. Thank you very much for your interest and we look forward to speaking with you soon!
THIS IS AN OPEN BOOK TEST: Please submit your resume in PDF format with a cover letter explaining why you think you are a great candidate and include wage expectations. Apply to email@example.com and address all correspondence to Karen Barre.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers